The following is a featured recipe in Heinen’s What’s For Dinner program, your solution to easy, delicious and convenient weeknight dinners.
Give new life to chicken and rice with a few flavorful shortcuts!
Made with colorful pre-cut fajita veggies, pre-pulled chicken and microwaveable rice, simply sauté on the stove and serve with tortillas for a dish that’s worthy of a Mexican restaurant menu!
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.
- Cook time:
- Total time:
- Heinen's Fajita Mix Veggies
- Heinen's Pulled White Meat Chicken
- Spanish Right Rice
- Frontera Chunky Salsa
- La Tortilla Factory Cauliflower Tortillas
- Place a pot over medium-high heat. Sauté the fajita mix until the vegetables soften and begin to brown.
- Add the chicken and continue to sauté for another minute.
- Add the water to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the right rice, cover the pot and turn off the heat.
- Serve the chicken and rice with the salsa and tortillas on the side.
- Garnish with some chopped cilantro.