The following is a featured recipe in Heinen’s What’s For Dinner program, your solution to easy, delicious and convenient weeknight dinners.
Salami is delicious on more than the simple sandwich!
Stuffed inside of premade dough with two types of cheese, marinara and fresh basil, this fan-favorite lunch meat is a creative ingredient that reinvents the classic calzone!
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Papa Sal’s Pizza Dough
- Margherita Hard Salami
- Belgioioso Sliced Mozzarella
- Miceli’s Traditional Ricotta
- Heinen’s Marinara Sauce
- Fresh Basil
- Preheat the oven to 450° F and place a sheet tray or pizza stone on the top rack.
- Roll out the dough after covering with a little bit of flour to prevent sticking.
- Place the salami, mozzarella and ricotta on half of the dough.
- Brush the edge of the dough with a little water, fold the dough over and crimp the edge to close the calzone.
- Place the calzone on the preheated sheet tray or pizza stone and bake until the crust is golden brown and the inside is hot.
- Serve with the heated marinara on the side, and garnish with torn fresh basil.