The following is a featured recipe in Heinen’s What’s For Dinner program, your solution to easy, delicious and convenient weeknight dinners.
Four ingredients is all you need to make a Middle Eastern-inspired meal at home!
Featuring poached eggs simmering in bath of premade Shakshuka sauce with feta cheese and pita bread for dipping, this dish makes an easy and exciting breakfast or dinner!
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Mina Shakshuka Sauce
- NestFresh Pasture Raised Eggs
- MT Vikos Feta Cheese
- Heinen’s Plain Pita
- Place the shakshuka sauce in a pan and gently warm over medium heat.
- Turn the heat down to low and crack the eggs onto the sauce. Cover the pan with a lid and gently cook until the egg whites are set and the yolks are still runny.
- Top with crumbled feta.
- Garnish with parsley or green onion, if desired.
- Serve the pita on the side for dipping.