The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
One of the best parts of the holiday season is grazing on delicious appetizers before the big meal.
Get in the holiday spirit with this warm homemade crab dip filled with tons of lump crab meat and cheese and finished Old Bay seasoning. It’s the perfect appetizer for even the smallest of gatherings because who can resist cheesy, creamy and delicious crab?!
Serve on a large platter with plenty of sliced vegetables and assorted crackers, or make in little ramekins for individual servings.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1 lb. lump crab meat
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- Green onion, for serving
- Sliced vegetables, for serving
- Assorted crackers, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, 1 cup cheddar cheese, lemon juice, salt, pepper and Old Bay seasoning. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Fold in lump crab meat and hot sauce and gently stir until everything is combined.
- Bake in a small cast iron skillet or casserole dish for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and broil for three minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- Serve with diced green onion, sliced vegetables and assorted crackers.