- Total time:
Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
You don’t have to visit the south to have a classic low country boil. Made in one simple pot with classic ingredients like shrimp, corn and potatoes, you’ll be amazed at how easy it is to bring create this dish in your own kitchen.
Low Country Shrimp Boil
- ¼ cup Old Bay seasoning
- 2 lemons, sliced in half
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 lbs. baby red potatoes
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and large diced
- 1 lb. kielbasa, cut into 1” pieces
- 3 ears of corn, cut into 2” long pieces
- 1 lb. deveined, unpeeled shrimp
- Place a large pot of water over high heat and add Old Bay seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Add lemons, bay leaves and potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and kielbasa and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the corn and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 5 more minutes. The cook time from the start of the potatoes to the end of the cooking process will be 18-20 minutes.
- Drain and serve on newspaper. Add chopped parsley for garnish and serve with beer, if desired.