The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
This Mediterranean Salmon Bowl is loaded with healthy ingredients. Tender, lemony salmon is baked to perfection and added to a bowl with lettuce, tomatoes, roasted red peppers, olives, feta cheese and fresh herbs.
With a drizzle of lemon dressing for added flavor and freshness, this delicious bowl works great for lunch or dinner, and it’s so easy to put together!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Salmon
- 16 oz. salmon, cut into 4 even pieces
- 3 Tbsp. Heinen's extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp. dried dill
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
For the Bowls
- 1 5 oz. container Great Lakes Growers Mediterranean Mix Lettuce
- 1 pint of Tomz snacking tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Heinen's roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup Heinen's Kalamata olives, sliced
- ½ English cucumber, diced
- 5 green onions, green and white parts chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp. of your favorite spice (sumac, za'atar or paprika)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the salmon on the baking sheet.
- Brush each salmon fillet with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle the dill, salt and pepper over the salmon.
- Bake the salmon for 15-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets. A good rule of thumb is to cook the salmon about 10 minutes per 1-inch thickness, or until the thickest part of the salmon is 145˚F.
- Remove the salmon from the oven, flake it into large chucks and set it in a bowl.
- Divide the lettuce, tomatoes, feta cheese, roasted red peppers, olives, cucumbers, green onions and parsley between four bowls.
- Add the chunks of salmon into each bowl.
- In a Mason jar or salad dressing jar, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, spices and garlic. Mix well.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salmon bowls. Enjoy!