The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
This Mediterranean Salmon Bowl is loaded with healthy ingredients. Tender, lemony salmon is baked to perfection and added to a bowl with lettuce, tomatoes, roasted red peppers, olives, feta cheese and fresh herbs.
With a drizzle of lemon dressing for added flavor and freshness, this delicious bowl works great for lunch or dinner, and it’s so easy to put together!
Mediterranean Salmon Bowl
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Salmon
- 16 oz. salmon, cut into 4 even pieces
- 3 Tbsp. Heinen's extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp. dried dill
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
For the Bowls
- 1 5 oz. container Great Lakes Growers Mediterranean Mix Lettuce
- 1 pint of Tomz snacking tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Heinen's roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup Heinen's Kalamata olives, sliced
- ½ English cucumber, diced
- 5 green onions, green and white parts chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp. of your favorite spice (sumac, za'atar or paprika)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the salmon on the baking sheet.
- Brush each salmon fillet with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle the dill, salt and pepper over the salmon.
- Bake the salmon for 15-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets. A good rule of thumb is to cook the salmon about 10 minutes per 1-inch thickness, or until the thickest part of the salmon is 145˚F.
- Remove the salmon from the oven, flake it into large chucks and set it in a bowl.
- Divide the lettuce, tomatoes, feta cheese, roasted red peppers, olives, cucumbers, green onions and parsley between four bowls.
- Add the chunks of salmon into each bowl.
- In a Mason jar or salad dressing jar, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, spices and garlic. Mix well.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salmon bowls. Enjoy!
We really enjoyed this recipe! Light and refreshing. We used za’atar in the dressing! Filling and healthy! Keep ’em coming!
We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed this recipe! Adding Za’atar to the dressing is a great idea. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.