The following post was made in collaboration with Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift and The Great American Turkey Company. Product was provided by The Great American Turkey Company and recipe development and photography were provided courtesy of Carolyn Hodges.
I never shy away from a mealtime shortcut, which is why I’m really excited about this new quick protein option available in Heinen’s Meat Department! The Great American Turkey Company’s line of turkey products includes fresh, marinated turkey breast strips that can be prepared in about five minutes. With so much of the prep work done for you, meals come together in no time. I’m using the Olive Oil & Herbs turkey breast strips to make quick and healthy Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches. In addition to being seriously delicious, this recipe calls for just five ingredients and is on the table in 30 minutes!
Turkey is not just for Thanksgiving! There are so many ways to incorporate this healthy poultry option into weeknight meals, especially with these recipe-ready products. Heinen’s currently carries three varieties of The Great American Turkey Company turkey breast strips – Smokey & Sweet, Tomato & Basil, and Olive Oil & Herbs. Look for them near the other fresh turkey products.
- 1 package Great American Turkey Co. Olive Oil & Herbs Turkey Breast Strips
- ½ large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 whole grain hot dog or hoagie buns
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Cook the turkey breast strips in a sauté pan over medium-high heat according to package instructions.
- Transfer cooked turkey to a plate, leaving remaining oil in the pan. Add the sliced onion and peppers to the pan and sauté over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Return turkey to the pan and toss with the onions and peppers.
- Split the buns and place on a sheet pan. Top each with a fourth of the turkey and peppers followed by sliced cheese.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese just melts.
- Serve immediately.